Here's BETA 2!

Remember what you used to play with when you were a kid? Its here. Now. On the small screen.

Here's BETA 2!

Postby egarayblas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

...with tons of optimizations! :)

If you're having issues with BETA 1, BETA 2 should be faster. Can you please give this one a try guys? Also, can you confirm if Google AdSense works? We're trying to evaluate if AdSense is better than AdMob.

http://www.kuyimobile.com/dump_here/jumprope_beta2.zip

Happy playing everyone! :)
Kuyi Mobile: a new breed of games!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile
Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.kuyimobile.com/
egarayblas
Site Admin

Re: Here's BETA 2!

Postby iLashes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm

This .zip file didn't work for me. It asks for a password.
8GB IPod Touch 3G iOS 4
iLashes

Postby PointOfLight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 am

iLashes wrote:This .zip file didn't work for me. It asks for a password.

If you haven't tried again, please do so. Either Erick fixed the problem and didn't respond to this post or there was a different issue on your end, because it worked just fine for me.
PointOfLight

Postby egarayblas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 am

Hmm I honestly didn't put a password nor replaced the file. Can you please try it again? :)

I wonder where's the rest of the BETA team. :P
Kuyi Mobile: a new breed of games!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile
Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.kuyimobile.com/
egarayblas
Site Admin

Postby iLashes » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:24 pm

Ok, it worked the second time around. Been playing, and I find it very glitchy. Everytime a new object flies out on the screen, it lags. Not to mention when the achievements pop up, -huge lag-

I was thinking it would be cool if each object had their own sound. The frog is the only one that I can tell has it's own sound. Maybe for when eunissimo pop up, you could have a babies giggle. And for the rocket, you could have the sound of it blasting off.

I tested the ad, and it worked fine for me. I see you changed to a different Kind of AD.

I really enjoy this game the most so far and it's pretty addicting. I love the graphics as well.
8GB IPod Touch 3G iOS 4
iLashes

Postby PointOfLight » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:33 am

Sorry, I'm still here. I was gone over the weekend, so I didn't get much play time in. I do agree with the sound thing, if it all possible. The only other things that I can think of at this point:

1. It would be cool if you could earn extra points for clicking on various items when they pop up (at least the first time).

2. You should let users tweet, even if they didn't score anything. Personally, I'd get a kick out of seeing a tweet saying "I scored 0 points on..."

Thankfully I haven't had any "issues" with beta 2 :) I know it's still probably just a coincidence, but what an awful coincidence :(
PointOfLight

Postby PointOfLight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Is the Twitter integration supposed to be working? I'll try it again tonight, but when I tried to tweet my high score last night the game just went back to the main menu and I never saw a tweet.
PointOfLight

Postby PointOfLight » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Man, it is real quiet around here. Guess I'll just have to keep contributing. I was thinking while playing at lunch that it would be great to have jumpbot as an unlockable character. Not sure what you'd do to unlock him, but since he's already used to jumping it makes perfect sense :)
PointOfLight

Postby iLashes » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 am

I guess it's just me and pointoflight. I also have that issue with the tweeting score button. I thought I would of gotten a pop up asking for login info, but it just went straight to main menu.

@Pointoflight ahhhh! I love the idea to have jumpbot as an unlockable character to jump rope with. It fits well since he does jump.
8GB IPod Touch 3G iOS 4
iLashes

Postby nookkin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Maybe you should make the character jump on mouse-up (as opposed to mouse-down). Or at least make it a setting.

Performance is fairly good on my device, but this game doesn't seem as "immersive" as JumpBot. Maybe that's just me though.
8GB iPod touch, 2nd generation, jailbroken, iPhone OS 3.0
My website: nookkin.com
nookkin

Next

Return to BETA: Jump Rope