Stop the Alienz invasion...starting with BETA 1!

Everybody's doing Pirates and Zombies nowadays so we're going with Alienz! Can you defend Mother Earth from the Alienz invasion?

Re: Stop the Alienz invasion...starting with BETA 1!

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 am

First of all, I'm sorry that I'm a dork. I just realized that there are two different things going on here - earth points and weapon points. I was getting earth points and thinking they were weapon points, so there's actually no problem with the weapon points accumulating correctly that I can tell. While we're on the subject, though, what exactly are earth points for?

As for the difficulty, I personally think it's a lot more difficult than what I remember Earth Day on the PocketPC being. I seem to have to rely on smart bombs and the BFL too early on in this version. However, I do like the fact that you can accumulate more BFL points than what are necessary to activate the laser. That's a nice touch.
PointOfLight

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:12 am

I realize you obviously need the ads, since that's your source of income from the game, but there needs to be a way to recover a game when you click on an ad. I just killed my game twice by accidentally clicking on the ad, and the second time I actually had a decent game going. Once or twice is tolerable, but if that happens too often I'm not going to be inclined to play the game any more.
PointOfLight

Postby egarayblas » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:22 am

PointOfLight wrote:I realize you obviously need the ads, since that's your source of income from the game, but there needs to be a way to recover a game when you click on an ad. I just killed my game twice by accidentally clicking on the ad, and the second time I actually had a decent game going. Once or twice is tolerable, but if that happens too often I'm not going to be inclined to play the game any more.

Sorry about that Eric. You have a valid point, but we guarantee that the ad will not be there on the PAID/Full version. Alienz will be a premium game and not FREE anymore. :) As for the FREE/Lite version, maybe we have to figure out a way to make it non-obstrusive then--any suggestions?

Sorry we had to let you play the full + ad-based version guys! We needed to make sure that everything was working including the ads. We'll provide you a full version when the game comes out--promise! :)
Kuyi Mobile: a new breed of games!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile
Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.kuyimobile.com/
egarayblas
Site Admin

Postby Taylor Jasko » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:49 am

PointOfLight wrote:First of all, I'm sorry that I'm a dork. I just realized that there are two different things going on here - earth points and weapon points. I was getting earth points and thinking they were weapon points, so there's actually no problem with the weapon points accumulating correctly that I can tell. While we're on the subject, though, what exactly are earth points for?

As for the difficulty, I personally think it's a lot more difficult than what I remember Earth Day on the PocketPC being. I seem to have to rely on smart bombs and the BFL too early on in this version. However, I do like the fact that you can accumulate more BFL points than what are necessary to activate the laser. That's a nice touch.

That's fine, that just proves us even more that we need better help documentation. :P Earth points are used to heal the Earth. Every one you'll pick up will add one point to the health as you can see in the health bar. If you're completely full, it'll give you extra points. :)

Well, the reason behind it being much more difficult is because the weapons in the game are very advanced. The extra two weapons will be unlockable once we find the perfect numbers to unlock them at (the "What's your longest time?" thread). Trust me, it won't feel too hard after you see all the weapons. ;)

Yeah, we really tried to help the user with the BFL. :)
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile/

Want to read about technology? - http://techcores.com
Taylor Jasko
Site Admin

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:14 pm

egarayblas wrote:
PointOfLight wrote:I realize you obviously need the ads, since that's your source of income from the game, but there needs to be a way to recover a game when you click on an ad. I just killed my game twice by accidentally clicking on the ad, and the second time I actually had a decent game going. Once or twice is tolerable, but if that happens too often I'm not going to be inclined to play the game any more.

Sorry about that Eric. You have a valid point, but we guarantee that the ad will not be there on the PAID/Full version. Alienz will be a premium game and not FREE anymore. :) As for the FREE/Lite version, maybe we have to figure out a way to make it non-obstrusive then--any suggestions?

Sorry we had to let you play the full + ad-based version guys! We needed to make sure that everything was working including the ads. We'll provide you a full version when the game comes out--promise! :)

Nothing to apologize for. I didn't realize there were going to be two versions on this one. Will the lite version be identical to premium except for the ads? If so then I say the ads are fine. That will give people incentive to buy :)
PointOfLight

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Taylor Jasko wrote:That's fine, that just proves us even more that we need better help documentation. :P Earth points are used to heal the Earth. Every one you'll pick up will add one point to the health as you can see in the health bar. If you're completely full, it'll give you extra points. :)

Well, the reason behind it being much more difficult is because the weapons in the game are very advanced. The extra two weapons will be unlockable once we find the perfect numbers to unlock them at (the "What's your longest time?" thread). Trust me, it won't feel too hard after you see all the weapons. ;)

Yeah, we really tried to help the user with the BFL. :)

Those extra weapons are pretty cool! So speaking of lack of documentation, what does the "strong arm" in the Armory do for you?
PointOfLight

Postby Taylor Jasko » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm

PointOfLight wrote:Those extra weapons are pretty cool! So speaking of lack of documentation, what does the "strong arm" in the Armory do for you?

Thanks! Glad you like them! I actually said that wrong. All of the weapons should be unlockable; I was thinking about another achievement... :D

The "strong arm" which we call firepower, is basically to give your bullets more firepower. As you simply increase the amount, you could kill an alien that requires two shots with only one bullet. At max level, the bullet has four hit points, so that means you could kill a boss, which requires ten hits, in only three hits! And as time goes on, the alienz will get harder in the amount of hits they need to kill, so the firepower does come in handy. :P
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile/

Want to read about technology? - http://techcores.com
Taylor Jasko
Site Admin

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Taylor Jasko wrote:The "strong arm" which we call firepower, is basically to give your bullets more firepower. As you simply increase the amount, you could kill an alien that requires two shots with only one bullet. At max level, the bullet has four hit points, so that means you could kill a boss, which requires ten hits, in only three hits! And as time goes on, the alienz will get harder in the amount of hits they need to kill, so the firepower does come in handy. :P

Yeah, I've noticed how the aliens get tougher :) I will say that unless you get a decent amount of weapons points, the game becomes nearly impossible when you reach aliens that take three hits to kill.
PointOfLight

Postby egarayblas » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Or you can unlock and use the Bullet Sprayer--it lets you shoot 3 bullets at once. At max firepower, these bullets can deal tons of damage. But you're right, the game still involves luck because you need those weapon points to advance further. :)
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kuyimobile
egarayblas
Site Admin

Postby PointOfLight » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:57 pm

egarayblas wrote:Or you can unlock and use the Bullet Sprayer--it lets you shoot 3 bullets at once. At max firepower, these bullets can deal tons of damage. But you're right, the game still involves luck because you need those weapon points to advance further. :)

Bullet Sprayer is one of the first things I buy every time :) Problem is, if you have a maxed up bullet sprayer and only one gun you're still going to lose :)
PointOfLight

PreviousNext

Return to BETA: Alienz